1. stop (completely) what you’re doing
2. take a slow, deep belly breath
3. take a few more slow, deep belly breaths
4. gaze out a window
5. drink a cup of tea, slowly
6. read a book
7. write a list of gratitudes
8. walk outside
9. sit outside
10. watch a snail or bee or bird or…
11. listen for the wind
13. bake bread
14. chop vegetables
15. sew a button back on a shirt or jacket or…
16. sweep the floor
17. take a bath (or long shower)
19. light a candle
20. listen to quiet music
21. listen to silence
22. listen (really listen) to someone else’s story
23. handwash the dishes currently in your sink
24. watch the clouds
25. say yes or no…whichever you need more in this moment
Sending a little love your way, m
12 thoughts on “25 Ways to Get Still”
love your list (as always). Beautiful photo!
thank you and thank you, Karen!
A beautiful compilation, Michelle. I love how you include baking bread and chopping vegetables, I find both to be so meditative! Sewing buttons? Not so much… xx
sewing buttons isn’t for everyone, for sure! and honestly, it’s a task I usually procrastinate doing, but once I do it, I remember how calming it is for me ;)
All so perfect to tuck away in case of an emergency!
because we all have those days, right?!
I love your list, you have such a calming attitude that reflects through your voice and words. Have a wonderful Thursday.
so glad you can feel the calm, Barbara…thanks for telling me that. hope you have a wonderful Thursday too!!
All such good things to remember, Michelle and so easy to forget too with the busyness of life. Have a lovely day xx
yes, so easy to forget in the hustle and bustle (I need these reminders myself!).
wishing you a lovely day too, Jane!
I need reminding too, so thank you x Also meant to say, your image is simply beautiful, Michelle : )
I dare say everyone needs reminders now and then!
and thank you xxx