Five Things February
- Snow, ice, cold. Lots of it. Grey skies. Sunshine too. At the end of the month, mild temps and feeling like spring. I honestly love it all. Well, maybe not the ice.
- Finally getting to enjoy a social distance visit with a favorite friend. Irish Breakfast tea on the porch, the warm sun shining on us. Hurrying to get our words out. So much to say.
- Making plans for a live, online gathering. A little meditation, a little writing. (it’s tonight!) I can’t wait to see these dear people’s faces, and hear them speak. (if you’re curious about future gatherings, sign up for my Monthly Notes here.)
- Asking questions. They are ever-present. And I think this is a good thing – this curiosity, this staying open to questions and possibilities. But, if I’m honest, it’s hard some days too. Certain answers and resolutions would be nice if handed to me. (or would they??) Trying to stay patient. Trying to continue asking. Trying to listen closely.
- Discussions of process keep coming up. The reminders. That writing is process. That cooking is process. That forgiveness is process. That love is process. That just about everything – in one way or another – is process. It’s freeing, and sometimes exhausting. Mostly though, I find comfort in process. A continuum. A dancing with. A stepping into. A way of being.
In the end, whether we are talking about individual people who are problematic for us, or the entire universe, what is most important is that we incline our own heart toward inclusion rather than toward separation.
~ Jon Kabat-Zinn ~
If you had a list of five for February, what would be on your list?
sending a little love your way, m