Settling the Mind
Settling the Mind is a five-day online workshop in which we’ll explore stillness in our bodies as well as in our hearts and minds. We’ll work with a short yoga practice and daily journal prompts.
Coupling intentional movement and stillness in body (via Yin Yoga) with thoughtful reflection in heart (via journaling exercises), we will spend the week engaged in a gentle practice of grounding, of quieting the mind.
Five days of daily writing prompts and a short yoga practice.
My workshops are always aimed to be doable, easy to integrate into the life you’re already living. This workshop will be the same. That’s why the Yin Yoga practice will be intentionally short…I want you to feel like you can do it every day for our five days together. The writing exercises follow suit. Sit down with your morning cuppa and reflect, or maybe write at the end of the day with pillows propped behind you and bedcovers pulled over your legs. You decide. However (whenever) you do this is entirely up to you.
I hope you’ll enjoy.
When will the workshop be offered next?
- a note welcoming you to this special practice (delivered April 5) that also explains the basics of Yin Yoga
- journaling prompts that invite pause and provide gentle direction…delivered right to your inbox
- one Yin Yoga sequence that your body (and heart) can sink into over the course of our five days together
Wait a sec. What’s Yin Yoga?
I’ll explain more in the Welcome Note, but here’s the gist: it’s a practice in which we hold poses for longer amounts of time (2-5 minutes) in order to strengthen connective tissue and increase flexibility of the joints; it can be quite meditative; no experience necessary, and all bodies welcome. It is not the same as restorative yoga.
How do I sign up for the workshop?
Registration is now closed.
If you’d like to be notified of future offerings, please sign up for my Monthly Notes.
What do I need for this workshop?
- internet access
- a journal (or loose paper if you prefer) + pen or pencil
- comfortable clothes + some floor space for the Yin Yoga
- a few pillows and firm blankets might be helpful
- an open heart