join me in a writing practice
new sessions for 2023 coming soon
Wanna be the first to hear about new sessions?!
what we do…
We begin each session with a short breathwork practice to center ourselves. Then, using poetry and creative prompts as a jumping off point, we work through timed writing sessions together (typically 10-15 minutes each). Writing is free and loose. For those comfortable sharing work, there’s time to do so as well as ask questions and discuss creative practices. These writing sessions are a great way to begin a writing practice or to nurture an already-existing one.
All levels of writing are welcome.
We gather on Zoom. I’ll email the link the day before our session.
Class size is limited to 10.
when we meet…
Dates for 2023 sessions coming soon.
Registration is now closed.
Please note that time is in Eastern Time Zone.
Use this time zone converter to check your local time.
By default, the email you use to register with PayPal is the email I use for course material. If you prefer communication to be sent to a different email, please make note of that in the Notes to Seller section of your PayPal registration OR use my contact form to let me know which email you’d like me to use.
I can’t wait to write with you. xo
here’s what participants say…
- Thank you, Michelle, for offering Write Your Heart. Taking this course succeeded in opening my heart once more to the joy of writing without fear of judgement. Your prompts were well-curated and thought-provoking and I enjoyed the small group size. You have a gift for gathering kindred spirits and connecting us to our inner voices! ~ Grace
- Michelle’s gentle guidance and authentic presence during Write Your Heart were the springboard for diving in and showing up for myself and my writing. I loved the heartbeat meditation which was centering and brought me back to myself ready to begin. Michelle chose diverse and moving snippets of poetry and readings, coupled with unique writing prompts and I eagerly jumped onto the page. Even though we were a small group, sharing my writing felt ‘scary’ but it was the ‘idea’ of sharing, the story I told myself not the ‘actual’ sharing. My experience after writing and hearing others’ pieces: I couldn’t wait to share! Write Your Heart isn’t about feedback, style, or word choice it’s about getting you writing. Writing whatever is in your heart and mind in that moment, and then sharing those thoughts and feelings. Being seen and witnessed is an extraordinary grace. This unexpected gift is my biggest takeaway and I am truly grateful for Michelle and this group of kindred spirits. ~Laura
- It’s so very difficult to put into words just how special Michelle’s “Write Your Heart” class is! She created a warm, safe, nurturing “spot” where we were free to do just what her class title says – to write our hearts, to give voice to what we wanted and needed to say. Michelle makes it do-able, thought provoking, and fun. She provides tools to take with us and use outside of class. I’d take this class again and again. ~Paula
- I am so grateful that I gifted myself the time and space to take this class. The welcome as each session began, the quieting and taking some moments to breathe, Michelle’s selection of poem or essay that she read as inspiration, the prompts she offered, and the invitation to center on writing what was in my heart at that moment with no pressure to write beautifully or even particularly well – but simply to write, to write my heart – and finally, the invitation to share my writing with the other participants – it was all truly a wonderful experience. Michelle facilitates with such generosity and grace, and each of the participants felt welcome to share what we had written. As we read the words that came from our hearts and listened to each other’s words, we found connection and blessing and refreshment. This workshop will remind you why words on a page are so important, why what is in your heart longs to be written. ~Elizabeth
- Wow! Write Your Heart has been such a motivating class for me. I had strayed from my writing and journaling practice and was unsure how to begin again. Michelle’s ideas and encouragement were so positive. The prompts she gave were great starting points to get me writing more. I found out that I liked sharing my writings, as well as listening to others read their own. Write Your Heart was a very worthwhile, and enjoyable experience! ~Cindy
a little more about Write Your Heart sessions…
This kind of writing is powerful. And healing.
It can bring forth a deep awareness we all have but sometimes forget we have. Little kernels in our writing offer insight, initiate questions, and generate ideas.
This kind of writing is a container for creative expression, mindful exploration, and inspired being.
The writing you do in practice with me can be reworked and edited for more polished writing later. Maybe it becomes a poem or a song; maybe a piece for your blog; maybe content for a book. Or maybe (and this is thrilling too) the writing is gloriously and freely written, released on the page, end of story. You decide.
Writing in a group fosters listening to ourselves as well as to others.
why write with me?
Besides my degree in English and Fine Arts from Tufts University, I’m also a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher.
This training helps me work with you in blending practices like meditation + writing. It’s a pretty great combination.
My writing has appeared in magazines like Bella Grace and Mabel as well as several places online. Writing is an ongoing life practice for me, and I’d love for us to practice together.